Methods and Analysis Techniques of illness experiences
The Scienze della Formazione e Psicologia department of the University of Florence is advising for the“ Methods and Analysis Techniques of illness experiences ( MetaES)” united lab. Other associates are Dipartimento di Oncologia of USL Toscana Centro, University of Florence’s Dipartimento di Scienze della Salute della Donna e del Bambino , the Meyer Foundation in Florence, Campus Bio-Medico University in Rome and Pistoia’s UniSer.
The MetaEs lab was born in 2012 due to the cooperation between researchers and doctors working in University of Florence and Health Service. The MetaEs lab team believes that the medical evidence-based approach is for a rigid clinical intervention founded on standardized and replicable protocols which leave small room for a more personalized, needs-focused therapeutic approach.
MetaEs lab’s number one purpose is studying autobiographical memory, autobiographical narration and relationships. Doctors and researchers are working together to better understand narration’s potential in doctor-patient relationship which serves as a tool to analyze and reflect on the telling of the illness.
The united addresses :
- From anamnestic survey on the patient to life-story generating together with the patient (illness narration as a mean to remeber/forget the illness itself);
- Listening technique has a fundamental therapeutic value when narrating illness;
- Doctor-patient communication (the united construction of the illness story thanks to doctor-patient communication; medical burn-out and the telling of stories);
- Autobiographic narration as a mean to personal rework the illness’s experience (stories of illness and coping; PTSD and illness’s narration);
- Stories of familiar illness (communication in the pediatric triangle: Andrea Smorti
Director: Andrea Smorti
- Andrea Smorti, Enrica Ciucci, Chiara Fioretti, Debora Pascuzzi (Dipartimento di Scienze della Formazione e Psicologia - Università degli Studi di Firenze);
- Franca Tani (Dipartimento di Scienze della Salute - Università degli Studi di Firenze);
- Giampaolo Donzelli (Dipartimento NEUROFARBA - Università degli Studi di Firenze);
- Matteo Borri, Matteo Galletti (Dipartimento di Lettere e Filosofia - Università degli Studi di Firenze);
- Alessandro Pagnini (Uniser, Pistoia);
- Marta Bertolaso, Mirko de Bernardo (Dipartimento di Ingegneria Biomedica - Università Campus Bio-Medico di Roma);
- Luisa Fioretto, Lucia Caligiani, Simone Cheli, Stefania Polvani (ASL 10 Firenze).